If you have a music production or you want to record any type of music, the headphone gets the most importance. As the sound quality and noise cancellation refer to a great one, you must be careful about the headphone that used. A good pair of headphones assists to record transparent, smooth and natural music.
There is a wide range of headphones in the market. But here we extend our helping hand with a view to offering the best headphones for music production. We work a lot to find out the best headphones in the market. Here we consider brand value, quality, and functionality of each headphone. If you have lack of time, you can easily find the best headphones for music production from this article.
It is better to read thoroughly the whole article. It helps you to get the best headphone depending on your needs. So, we suggest you go to the last.
Top 10 Best headphones for music production
1. Shure SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphones
This headphone remains the epitome of the top most famous music production headphone depending on customer demand. Shure SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphone can be individually matched with any acoustic or electrical instruments. It has a 40 mm thick drivers which suit best for unparalleled acoustic performance.
This top headphone features smooth and extended high-end sound quality. It is an open-back headphone which is designed for exceptionally natural as well as clear sound. The lightweight construction of this headphone makes it easy to use and carry. There is a stainless steel grille to enhance durability.
This headphone can remove internal resonance which is great for consistent performance. It is fully adjustable for comfortable listening. Collect this popular model from Shure and enjoy smooth music production.
- Acoustic performance with extended high end and proper bass
- Natural sound and wide stereo image
- Lightweight construction and grills the stainless steel for enhancing durability
- Improve linearity and eliminate internal resonance by the vented center pole piece
- Adjusted the ergonomic dual-frame and padded headband
- Very light on bass
- Heavy on treble
2. Sony MDR7520 Professional Studio Headphones
The song is one of the top most popular brand for an electrical device like headphones. For a long time, they ruled this industry with their amazing products. The quality of their products is incredibly amazing and too much user-friendly. These Sony MDR7520 Professional Studio Headphones are awesome for a music studio. Let’s see its features and functionality.
The headphone has a thick 50mm audio driver unit. It produces smooth and clear sound quality. This driver comes with LCP diaphragm. It is built with a closed-ear design to offer the best sound quality. It uses wired connectivity technology for connecting with another device.
For studio use, it is an awesome headphone as it has wide frequency response capability. Along with high power handling capability of 4,000mW, it is a great choice for recording in the music studio.
- Construct with close ear-design along with 50 mm driver unit
- To connect another device wired connection technology is used
- The driver unit comes with LCP diaphragm
- 4,000mW handling capacity is awesome for excellent sound quality
- Wide frequency response capability is great for music recording
- No color variation
3. Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone
If you are looking for the best headphones for music production, our next choice is Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone. With its amazing features and functionality, anyone can enjoy a smooth and noise-free audio environment. It is known to all of the Sennheiser users how this company designs its products with proper care.
Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone is a lightweight headphone. It features aluminum voice coils. These coils can ensure that you can get an excellent smooth transient response. The headphone maintains optimum sensitivity which is required for a studio headphone.
With wired connectivity technology, it is great in handling noise. It can create a cool look and help to get stylish also. There is high quality and open metal earpiece covers made of mesh. So, there is no painful feeling in your ear while you are using it.
- Maintain optimum sensitivity by inner magnets
- Offers detachable and oxygen-free copper cable which is durable
- Built with high quality and sophisticated design
- Voice coils ensure smooth as well as the excellent transient response
- handling noise capability is great for music recording
- No color variation
- Price is so high
4. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Over-Ear Studio Headphone
If it comes to a question of searching professional studio headphone, Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Professional Studio Headphones can be a top choice. The design of this headphone is semi-open. It is a diffuse-field music production headphone. With rugged and adjustable ear pad they are capable of making an analytical sound.
This headphone offers a comfortable fit with soft and padded headband construction. It is robust. It is built with easy and adaptive construction because all the parts of this headphone are replaceable. It is really amazing! And the nominal sound pressure level of it is 96dB.
- Full professional studio headphone with amazing functionality
- Rugged, adjustable and soft padded headband construction
- All parts of this headphone are replaceable
- Transmission type wired and supplied in the nylon carrying case
- More comfortable with soft and adaptive construction
- Not both sided cable
- Sound pressure is high
5. AKG K553 MKII
The next one as the best headphones for music production is AKG K553 MKII. This headphone is so lightweight. It is made with an over-ear design to offer the optimal sound quality. With advanced technology, it offers great style, comfort, and performance.
The design of this headphone is closed-back technology. The padded ear cups make it more comfortable for long time use. It features 50mm low impedance. This produces a noise-free and isolated sound quality. It has 2d-axis and fold-flat mechanism which is great for both sound and flexibility.
With excellent noise isolation, it helps for great performance. It can perform well with virtually. Any headphone can be connected by its low impedance drivers. Its storage is quite enough. Pick them for awesome sound quality.
- You can enjoy foldable headphone in almost all the sides
- Offers wired connection technology to connect with device
- Comfortable and flexible to carry for transport or traveling
- Remove outside noise as its noise isolation is excellent
- Low impedance driver is a unique feature of this headphone
- No color variation
6. Etymotic Research ER4SR Studio Reference Precision Matched In-Ear Earphones
We should add an in-ear headphone on our list. For its high-performance level, Etymotic Research ER4SR Studio Reference Precision Matched In-Ear Earphone is one of the best choices for the studio. It is built with balanced armature drivers. Therefore, the sound quality is awesome and perfect in effect.
With a sleek, lightweight and laser-etched aluminum body, this pair provides a perfect fit. It includes awesome custom-tuned drivers. Thus, you will get completely flat response. The effect of music can be observed properly. There is reinforced 5ft cables which are detachable.
This music headphone gives 35dB to 42dB of noise isolation capability. With a max output of 122 dB, you can customize the range that you want. However, they are small in size. And sometimes you may face a torsion problem while you are connecting.
- Can be balanced by excellent armature drivers
- Features 5ft and detachable MMCX cables for relaxing use
- The body of the headphone made of aluminum bodies with anodized finish
- offers 35 to 42 dB noise isolation ability for great sound quality
- Sleek and stylish design with comfortable use
- Wired make torsion problem
- Small in size
7. Audio-Technica ATHM40x Professional Monitor Headphones
Before starting the description of these headphone features and functionality, it must be said about its design and look. Audio-Technica ATHM40x Professional Monitor Headphone is one of the most stylish headphones for music production. With cutting-edge engineering, it provides amazing user-friendly features.
ATHM40x is designed with robust construction and thick 40 mm drivers. It comes with rare as well as unique earth magnets. It tunes flat for incredibly smooth and accurate sound. By monitoring across the total frequency range, you get the proper frequency of your music.
It delivers excellent sound isolation in both noise-free and loud environments. Its material gives more durability and comfort at the same time. Pick this one for better sound quality.
- Full professional headphone with high quality and furnished design
- Features accurate and clear sound monitoring
- More durable for regular use and comfortable in use
- Provides excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Built with robust construction and amazing cutting-edge engineering
- Not so attractive in design
- All color isn’t available
8. Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones
Shure’s S series are great for high-level sound quality. This Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones is good for home and studio recording activities. It is a closed-back headphone. It is built with a circumaural and collapsible design. So, you can get more flexibility to use this headphone.
It is a detachable headphone with coiled cable. It offers an enhanced frequency response which helps to get accurate sound. It delivers excellent audio quality with an extended range. It features impedance and power handling optimization. It suits well for great performance with professional audio devices.
It is lightweight and had plenty of padding on both ear pads. That way you can use them for a long time. You don’t have to face any type of pain. Besides all the advantages, it is not so durable. And the price rate is a little bit high.
- Offers enhancing frequency response with accurate audio drivers
- Features impedance and power handling optimization for high-level performance
- Compatible with professional as well as home audio devices
- Made with adjustable headband along with collapsible construction
- provides comfort, softness, and great portability
price rate is quite high
9. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Monitor Headphone is a low price member of ATH family. Its price rate is affordable which can make you more interest to get this one. It has come with advanced build quality and engineering.
The headphone has a 40 mm drivers. These drivers go with rare earth magnets that can attract sound. It features voice coils made of copper-clad aluminum wire. The low-frequency performance of this headphone helps for perfect tuning. It has a circumaural design. It contours around the ears for offering excellent sound isolation.
The best part of this headphone is it is very much cheap in price. You can easily afford them. But the problem is the noise cancellation quality of this headphone is not adequate. Sometimes, it bothers while recording. It should be improved for better recording.
- Manufactured with the advanced build quality and adaptive engineering
- Offers thick 40 mm drivers for proper and smooth sound quality
- Features rare earth magnets with copper and aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuning is awesome for enhancing low-frequency performance
- You can enjoy excellent sound isolation in heavy noise or loud environments
- Noise cancellation is not so good
- Battery life should be higher.
10. Samson SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones
This last one is a professional studio headphone. They are all back in design. They have an amazing and stylish look. We propping up this product as it has huge customer demand. As it takes the last position, don’t think that it is the worst of the list. It has great features and functionality to make you interested.
This Samson SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones are semi-open headphones. They are designed for tracking, recording, mixing, and playback. They have 50mm drivers with earth magnets. Thus it can deliver an extended frequency response. It has great dynamic range for extended frequency.
This over-ear headphone is designed with cushioning properties. They provide outstanding comfort and ease of use. They are built for long listening sessions. You can get an optimal fit by its self-adjusting headband. It includes a 1/4″ stereo adapter for the user convenience.
- Professional as well as semi-open headphones designed for any types of recording
- Comes with rare earth magnets for outstanding performance
- Give an extended frequency response with 50mm drivers
- Over-ear and velour cushioning gives excellent comfort for long listening period
- Features a self-adjusting headband for offering optimal fit
- The sound may differ on the opposite side
Buying Guides for Best headphones for music production
Our goal is to hook up all the best headphones for the studio. But it is certain that there is some distinct feature that you should look for. Among all features, these features are important and crying need for great music performance.
The most important feature of a music production headphone is how much clear and transparent sound it can offer. The smooth and clear tone is a must in music recording, mixing or any playback. The sound should be natural and accurate with flat response. Actually, studio headphones are different from general headphones. They need balanced sound for good performance. You need to be careful about this.
The next thing comes to mind for great headphones is how they are built. The build quality of a pair of studio headphone mainly depends on the price of the headphone. You may expect for a budget-friendly studio headphone. But these pair are less durable rather than an expensive one. However, if you have a low budget, you should look for a headphone with a metal frame. It will offer more robustness over time. Read all the features of a headphone to know about the build quality.
The cables of a pair of headphones can be an important issue when you are searching for the best headphones for music production. There are fixed cables and detachable cables in the market. Cheaper headphones have fixed cables. But mid-range or high-range headphones have detachable cables most of the time. You may collect coil or straight cables as you prefer. You can change the cables if they break. Most of the headphones give extra cables.
Comfort is the most required feature for any type of headphone. Basically, comfort comes with a bundle of features and functionality. The element type, sound quality, design, earpad, etc. lie in comfort. A soft ear pad allows you to listen to music for a long time. Open-head or closed-head also have different flexibility of use. It is an obvious thing that different person like different features for their own choice or way of working. So, you should try to get one which is matched with your working requirements and demand.
Music is a source of entertainment and enjoyment. It can refresh our mind. For a pair of headphones, it can be a noise which makes you bother rather than pleasure. And when it is a question of any types of music recording, the necessity raises higher. So, take a good pair of headphones for music production. Hopefully, you get this article helpful in this regard.