Open back headphones are headphones that have open outer surface. Though open back headphone is noisier than closed back, they offer you a long-time wearing comfort. Open back headphones are offering more natural sound. They produce a neutral sound quality which can’t affect your hearing.
Finding the best open back headphones under 200 is a difficult task. As there are lots of headphones in the market, it is quite time-consuming. Here we offer you some of the best open back headphones under 200. Depending on your required features, you can pick any of them.
Top 10 Best open back headphones under 200
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones are one of the best open back headphones under 200 dollars. They have an excellent comfortable design with high-definition sound quality. Allowing wired connectivity technology, this one is so amazing for natural and clear sound.
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphone features grade over-ear. It is an open back headphone. This model has an internal surround reflector. It produces noise-free sound. It is also able to produce extended frequency for amazing sound. It has lock single and sided cable. It helps to remove tangles and keep you hassle-free in a sense.
Coming with Sennheiser’s innovative EAR technology, this headphone ensures accurate audio signals. The sound quality is lovely and offering rich bass. Even in a loud environment, you can get a proper hearing experience. Your audio recording will become smooth when you use this headphone. Pick this one and enjoy your daily life.
- Features wired connectivity technology
- It is an over-ear, open back headphone with affordable price
- Comes with a twist as well as lock single-sided cable to remove tangles
- Having a great internal sound reflector to enrich audio quality
- Features neodymium ferrous magnet system to high optimization
- Not so much stylish
- Offers insufficient color options
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Studio Headphone is an ideal headphone classical music. This one is perfect for professional playback, mixing, recording, mastering and monitoring. This model finds many applications for mobile, pc and any editing device. Their pure and high-resolution sound quality is great for studio recording.
This Beyerdynamic headphone features soft and circumaural earpads. They are replaceable ear pads that ensure long-time wearing comfort. It is a non-rechargeable and closed headset. It is specially designed to produce an open-back effect. Thus, it becomes a great option for music producers.
Overall, this headphone is so durable and robust which is made in Germany. Its innovative bass system, comfortable fit, adjustability, and softly padded headband ensure great sound quality with outstanding comfort.
- Open back headphone keep the outside sound out of the ear
- an ideal option for professional guitarist, recording, mixing and mastering
- deliver pure and high-resolution sound even in a loud environment
- comes with soft, circumaural and replaceable ear pads
- long-time comfortable, durable and robust headset
- Quite bulky
- Noise cancellation should be upgrade
AKG K 240 MK II Stereo Studio Headphones are another best open back headphones under 200. Its over-ear design is very much supportive and can give an open back audio effect. AKG brand is so popular for headphones with the user-friendly quality. It is a typical DJ headphone that is non-rechargeable.
This AKG model is designed for comfortable hearing experience during long time sessions. Its semi-open technology offers solid bass. Along with airy highs, it produces accurate signal transfer in a greatly extended range. Featuring self-adjusting headband, it is good for optimum fit.
Overall, this headphone is a choice of professional musicians, guitarists, and audio reviewers. With remarkable noise cancellation, it is very demanding. The sound isolation quality is remarkable. It carries the world stage as well as studio standard for a long time.
- Soft ear pads designed headphone comfortable for long work sessions
- Semi-open technology offers solid bass and wide-range frequency performance
- Features patented XXL transducer to give accurate signal transfer
- Comes with a self-adjusting headband which provides optimum fit
- Great choice of professionals for recording, mixing and for studio
- May feel heavy
- The design may not so attractive
There is another one from AKG. It is an over-ear design that allows open back sound quality. These AKG Pro Audio Professional Headphones are very professional and comfortable at the same time. Its maximum wearing comfort is good for long time work sessions. Let’s dive into the details.
AKG Pro Audio Professional Headphone is designed with sophisticated open technology. It allows a spacious and airy sound with a perfect frequency. Without compromising comfort, this headphone features the most important qualities. Its patented Varimotion diaphragm that has two layers can improve frequency range.
For better performance and higher sensitivity, this headphone is the best one. It offers soft ear pads and a perfect fit. You can enjoy a day-long comfort with this comfortable headset. At the same time, it is budget-friendly. If you are looking for a good open back headphone which is under 200 dollars, you must try this out.
- delivers maximum wearing comfort for long time hearing experience
- open technology helps to get spacious and clear sound
- comes with two-layer diaphragm for high-level sound quality
- gives improving and enhanced high-frequency range performance
- voice coil adds for higher sensitivity, better sound, and accurate response
- Not so lightweight
- An adapter may have distortion
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 250 Ohm Pro Studio Headphones come with a limited edition. Though it is ideal for studio use like mixing, recording, editing, and mastering, it is not so stylish. But for an affordable price and amazing sound quality, it gets great popularity in this industry.
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 250 Ohm Pro Studio Headphones can produce 250 Ohm impedance. This impedance is perfect for audio recording and studio uses. It offers comfortable fit as it has a rugged, soft and adjustable padded headband. Its construction offers an unparalleled neutral tone.
This headphone feature 9.8 ft. coiled cable. It allows you to put on and off frequently. It doesn’t get tangled quickly. Last but not least this soft adjustable headphone provides amazing comfort for a long time. You can use it for both indoor and outdoor time.
- Produce 250 Ohm impedance which is ideal for professional studio use
- Ideal for play backing, recording, mixing and editing audio
- Offers comfortable fit with an adjustable and soft padded headband
- velour ear pads allow long-time hearing with proper flexibility
- The semi-open back headset comes with natural tone reproduction
- Not fully open
- Size may vary
Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones are considered as one of the best open-back headphones. It offers amazing sound quality and audio experience with a budget-friendly price. The brand of this headphone is very popular. You can trust their products for your comfort.
Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphone features a precisely extended frequency response. This headphone can deliver rich bass along with clear mid-range sound quality. It features a detachable and coiled cable that gives the users good flexibility. It is optimized not only for studio recording but also for listening audio in regular.
With the circumaural collapsible design, it offers a comfortable hearing time. With all the friendly features, it includes 1/4″ gold-plated adapter, a carrying bag, and replacement ear pads. Though it is not so stylish it gives you a good and enjoyable time with the music.
- SRH840 is a professional monitoring headphone
- features a precisely extended frequency response to deliver high bass
- praised for clear mid-range frequency and critical listening
- Optimized for studio uses like recording, playback, mixing, etc.
- Features circumaural collapsible design, detachable as well as coiled cable
- Insufficient color option
- Not so stylish
Another one from AKG. Actually, this brand is very attractive and demandable among the customers. And this AKG Pro Audio K612PRO is a budget-friendly headphone. Who are looking for headphones under 200 dollar, this one is a good option for them. It comes up with both open and closed back effect. You can choose anyone that you need.
AKG Pro Audio K612PRO produces amazing sound quality in a calm environment. Sometimes, a loud situation may deteriorate its frequency. But it has powerful noise isolation capability. For over phone conversation, this one is amazing but for studio uses it isn’t up to the mark.
Overall, this headphone comes up with a comfortable as well as durable design. It has planar drivers. The brand provides a 30-day cash refund policy which is a great option definitely. We think you should make a try. If you don’t like it, then you can return it.
- The open-back headphone comes with patented variation diaphragm technology
- Produce 120-ohm impedance and 12 Hz to 39 Khz response
- High frequency is 101 dB which can protect your hearing
- So lightweight such as 238 gram in weight
- Features excellent sound quality and great noise isolation
- Not good for high volume sound
Monolith M560 Planar Magnetic Headphones is a comfortable one. When you wear it, you feel like it is built for you especially. Featuring both open and closed back, it’s sound quality is good enough too. But they are not for drivers actually. They are built with soft and plushy leather to ensure the whole day’s comfort.
Monolith M560 Planar Magnetic Headphones have a planar magnetic driver. It is a flat and soft membrane that is surrounded by magnets. The size of the driver is 56mm which is very small and perfect for noise-free sound isolation. It helps to keep out surrounding noise outside.
Besides all the attractive features, it comes with soft and plush ear pads. It fits comfortably around almost all types of ear. The manufacturer offers 30-day money-back guarantee. Therefore, you can use them as a trial for a few days. If you don’t like them, you can return them and get your money. Isn’t it interesting?
- Specially built with a planar magnetic driver
- Having magnetic wooden cups which allow removing easily
- Comes with soft and plushy leather ear pads to fit comfortably
- They have 5 years replacement warranty
- They provide a 30-day money-back guarantee which is appealing
- Noise cancellation isn’t so good
- May vary the headband size
If you are looking for a lightweight headphone, this one is for you. It is built with an over-ear design which can allow open and closed back sound effects. Featuring advanced technology of transducer low impedance, it is good for hearing music both rock and soft. AKG K553 MKII costs an average price so that anyone can afford them.
AKG K553 MKII features 2d-axis fold-flat mechanism. It produces rich bass and clear sound. The connectivity technology of this headphone is wired. With AKG’s pride, good sound and awesome-looking, this one is the best option headphone under 200. It delivers excellent noise isolation.
This headphone performs well. With any virtual headphone, the connection procedure is great. At the same time, it can fold flat for saving storage when you are in transport. But this headphone isn’t very stylish for everyone. You may sacrifice the outlook if you want good quality.
- Lightweight headphone design with advanced closed-back technology
- Produce transducer low impedance in 2d-axis
- Features wired connectivity technology
- Deliver excellent noise isolation in clam situation
- Comes with closed-back headphone designs
- Frequency may damage
- Not so much stylish
Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones is the last one. It does not come from a popular brand. But the quality of this headphone is good. Its price is very affordable. The price range is under 200 dollars. So, if you have a budget under 200, you can pick this one.
This headphone comes with 50mm neodymium drivers. These deliver can create a full spectrum of sound. It features a 1.5m cable. This long cable gives you the freedom to move to and fro when you are indoor. The comfortable double layered headband ensures cushion as well as breathable wearing. The ear cushion of this headphone good for longer wearing comfort.
There is a gold-plated and open acoustic system. So, you can hear your acoustic guitar tune by this headphone. The impedance is 32 ohm and the maximum power input is 200Mw. With a frequency response of 12 Hz to 35000Hz, this one is an optimal headphone for hearing music.
- Comes with smaller neodymium drivers to deliver a full frequency of sound
- The long cable which is 1.5m to give you freedom of moving
- Good headphone for indoor use
- Comes with comfortable as a well-cushioned headband
- Features breathable ear cushion to allow longer hearing comfort
- Not for frequent use
- Not so durable
Features to pick up the best open back headphones under $200
Everything has some distinct quality that indicates whether it is good or bed. To pick the best open headphone there is also. So, for helping you to get the best one, now we briefly describe the features that will help you in this regard.
The quality of the audio is the first consideration for any type of headphone. An open back headphone can keep the noise outside. But an open back headphone may have a lack of isolation. But we have picked the headphone which has spacious soundstage. Thus, it can produce a good level of audio quality.
Basically, open-back headphones are more comfortable than others. It can keep your ear cool for its way of design. But you should look for the best level of comfort. The quality of ear pads, connection of cables and headband size are the main factor in this portion.
Along with sound quality and noise isolation, there are some other features that you should look for when you want the best open-back headphones under 200. The cabling is a very important feature that you should check. Detachable cables are easy to replace. Foldability is another one that should look. It can save your space when you are on a trip.
Lastly, the budget. Actually, most of us are on-budget. So, we have to pick a headphone depending on our budget. In this article, we include all the best open-back headphone which have a good budget range. But we don’t sacrifice the quality. Each is compared based on its quality.
So, this is our top choice. From our list, you will definitely get the best open-back headphones under 200. We here include the pros and cons of each headphone. This gives you an idea about what the headphone has or not. Everyone has a different purpose in mind. So, our request is to collect a headphone by reading the description carefully. We hope the above headphone assists you to get the best sound mate.
Last update on 2020-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API