Open back headphones are headphones that have open outer surface. Though open back headphone is noisier than closed back, they offer you a long-time wearing comfort. Open back headphones are offering more natural sound. They produce a neutral sound quality which can’t affect your hearing.
Finding the best open back headphones under 200 is a difficult task. As there are lots of headphones in the market, it is quite time-consuming. Here we offer you some of the best open back headphones under 200. Depending on your required features, you can pick any of them.
Top 10 Best open back headphones under 200
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones are one of the best open back headphones under 200 dollars. They have an excellent comfortable design with high-definition sound quality. Allowing wired connectivity technology, this one is so amazing for natural and clear sound.
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphone features grade over-ear. It is an open back headphone. This model has an internal surround reflector. It produces noise-free sound. It is also able to produce extended frequency for amazing sound. It has lock single and sided cable. It helps to remove tangles and keep you hassle-free in a sense.
Coming with Sennheiser’s innovative EAR technology, this headphone ensures accurate audio signals. The sound quality is lovely and offering rich bass. Even in a loud environment, you can get a proper hearing experience. Your audio recording will become smooth when you use this headphone. Pick this one and enjoy your daily life.
- Features wired connectivity technology
- It is an over-ear, open back headphone with affordable price
- Comes with a twist as well as lock single-sided cable to remove tangles
- Having a great internal sound reflector to enrich audio quality
- Features neodymium ferrous magnet system to high optimization
- Not so much stylish
- Offers insufficient color options
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Studio Headphone is an ideal headphone classical music. This one is perfect for professional playback, mixing, recording, mastering and monitoring. This model finds many applications for mobile, pc and any editing device. Their pure and high-resolution sound quality is great for studio recording.
This Beyerdynamic headphone features soft and circumaural earpads. They are replaceable ear pads that ensure long-time wearing comfort. It is a non-rechargeable and closed headset. It is specially designed to produce an open-back effect. Thus, it becomes a great option for music producers.
Overall, this headphone is so durable and robust which is made in Germany. Its innovative bass system, comfortable fit, adjustability, and softly padded headband ensure great sound quality with outstanding comfort.
- Open back headphone keep the outside sound out of the ear
- an ideal option for professional guitarist, recording, mixing and mastering
- deliver pure and high-resolution sound even in a loud environment
- comes with soft, circumaural and replaceable ear pads
- long-time comfortable, durable and robust headset
- Quite bulky
- Noise cancellation should be upgrade
AKG K 240 MK II Stereo Studio Headphones are another best open back headphones under 200. Its over-ear design is very much supportive and can give an open back audio effect. AKG brand is so popular for headphones with the user-friendly quality. It is a typical DJ headphone that is non-rechargeable.
This AKG model is designed for comfortable hearing experience during long time sessions. Its semi-open technology offers solid bass. Along with airy highs, it produces accurate signal transfer in a greatly extended range. Featuring self-adjusting headband, it is good for optimum fit.
Overall, this headphone is a choice of professional musicians, guitarists, and audio reviewers. With remarkable noise cancellation, it is very demanding. The sound isolation quality is remarkable. It carries the world stage as well as studio standard for a long time.
- Soft ear pads designed headphone comfortable for long work sessions
- Semi-open technology offers solid bass and wide-range frequency performance
- Features patented XXL transducer to give accurate signal transfer
- Comes with a self-adjusting headband which provides optimum fit
- Great choice of professionals for recording, mixing and for studio
- May feel heavy
- The design may not so attractive
There is another one from AKG. It is an over-ear design that allows open back sound quality. These AKG Pro Audio Professional Headphones are very professional and comfortable at the same time. Its maximum wearing comfort is good for long time work sessions. Let’s dive into the details.
AKG Pro Audio Professional Headphone is designed with sophisticated open technology. It allows a spacious and airy sound with a perfect frequency. Without compromising comfort, this headphone features the most important qualities. Its patented Varimotion diaphragm that has two layers can improve frequency range.
For better performance and higher sensitivity, this headphone is the best one. It offers soft ear pads and a perfect fit. You can enjoy a day-long comfort with this comfortable headset. At the same time, it is budget-friendly. If you are looking for a good open back headphone which is under 200 dollars, you must try this out.
- delivers maximum wearing comfort for long time hearing experience
- open technology helps to get spacious and clear sound
- comes with two-layer diaphragm for high-level sound quality
- gives improving and enhanced high-frequency range performance
- voice coil adds for higher sensitivity, better sound, and accurate response
- Not so lightweight
- An adapter may have distortion
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 250 Ohm Pro Studio Headphones come with a limited edition. Though it is ideal for studio use like mixing, recording, editing, and mastering, it is not so stylish. But for an affordable price and amazing sound quality, it gets great popularity in this industry.
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 250 Ohm Pro Studio Headphones can produce 250 Ohm impedance. This impedance is perfect for audio recording and studio uses. It offers comfortable fit as it has a rugged, soft and adjustable padded headband. Its construction offers an unparalleled neutral tone.
This headphone feature 9.8 ft. coiled cable. It allows you to put on and off frequently. It doesn’t get tangled quickly. Last but not least this soft adjustable headphone provides amazing comfort for a long time. You can use it for both indoor and outdoor time.
- Produce 250 Ohm impedance which is ideal for professional studio use
- Ideal for play backing, recording, mixing and editing audio
- Offers comfortable fit with an adjustable and soft padded headband
- velour ear pads allow long-time hearing with proper flexibility
- The semi-open back headset comes with natural tone reproduction
- Not fully open
- Size may vary